Undergraduate programme in Banking has been provided by UD-DUE since 1987. With the goal of gradually approaching the study programmes from the region and the world, the study programme has been updated timely to meet stakeholders’ needs, adapt to continuously changing business environment, and approach the modern knowledge of reputable international universities. The Banking programme includes 134 credits (not including national defence education and physical education courses) with a normal study duration of 4 years. However, students may complete the programme within 3 years to 6 years according to their ability and study conditions. The balance between theory and practice of the Banking programme is adjusted in harmony. The knowledge in each unit is designed as a module from one course or as a combination of multiple courses. This is to ensure that the study programme is systematic, meets the standards of knowledge and skills of bankers, and that students can continue their learning in the future
Graduates from UD-DUE’s Banking programme can work in different types of organisations and sectors. Their careers are not limited to banking, but also include financial analysis, insurance, and taxation. Banking graduates may work in State banks or commercial banks and other financial institutions, or consultants in firms providing consulting services in banking, finance, insurance, and taxation. With English enhancement in the programme, banking graduates’ career opportunities are also expanded to foreign banks such as HSBC, ANZ, etc.
Graduates will be awarded a degree in “Bachelor of Finance – Banking” and the transcript will be marked with a specialisation in “Banking”.
The Banking programme objectives are that graduates from banking programme will:
● Become future professionals in banking and finance
● Integrate well into the global financial system
● Engage in lifelong learning to thrive well in an increasingly demanding and complex world of work.
The following expected learning outcomes of Banking program is developed to achieve the program objectives above (updated 2015):
1) Apply fundamental knowledge of economics, business and management to solve practical issues.
2) Apply interdisciplinary knowledge of money, finance and banking to analyse the issues of financial markets and institutions.
3) Implement the operations of banks and other financial institutions.
4) Evaluate the operations of banks and other financial institutions.
5) Propose initiative solutions to improve the effectiveness of banking and other financial institutions’ operations.
6) Display teamwork skills to effectively handle assignments in banking and other relevant financial industries.
7) Perform communicative and interpersonal competence in professional working environment.
8) Demonstrate English competence in global professional working environment.
9) Use information technology to effectively implement the tasks in banking and other related financial industries.
10) Develop life-long learning competence for personal growth and for professional prospects.
11) Display critical thinking and professional behaviour in the workplace.
12) Demonstrate a high commitment to sustainability and high ethical standards in social practices
© Copyright by The University Of Danang - University Of Economics