Over the years, the FOT has always been highly appreciated by the University, and winning the trust of students and enterprises. Training quality is improving and the staff has accumulated experience, knowledge and skills in teaching and researching.
The Faculty’s students have achieved academic success as well as remarkable employability with ratio of good and excellent graduation always over 30%, about 60 percent of graduates have well-paid jobs within 6 months since the graduation, and about 90% graduates having jobs after 1 year of graduation. Some of Faculty’s students have won awards in scientific research from The University of Danang and from The Ministry of Education and Training.
The Faculty has also been recognized as a High-Distinct Staff for five continuous years (from 2015 to 2020); has received a Certification of Merit from the Minister of the Ministry of Education and Training in academic years of 2014-2015, 2017-2018, Flag of Emulation from the Minister of the Ministry of Education and Training in academic year of 2016-2017 and 2018-2019, and Letter of Appreciation of Furama Resort for supporting it during APEC Economics Leaders’ Week 2017.
Education and Researching Collaboration:
- The Faculty of Tourism has and will continue to sign variable training cooperation contracts; exchange students to practice with many famous tourism business units in Da Nang city such as: Management Board of Ba Na tourist area; Vitours Travel Company; Hoang Anh Gia Lai Hotel; The Nam Hai Resort…
- Cooperation in training and research with the Departments of Culture, Sports and Tourism and tourism business units in the Central and Central Highlands provinces
- Long-term international cooperation with many international tourism training schools such as: Guangxi National University of China; HAAGA HELIA school, Finland…
- Scientific research is actively invested by lecturers. Many lecturers have successfully defended ministerial-level projects; city level; at the University of Danang…
- The Faculty has signed and implemented many research contracts according to the orders of businesses and localities;
- Students' scientific research activities are particularly interested. Young talents under the guidance of the lecturers have won many awards at all levels such as the Consolation Prize of the 2011 Creative Business Idea Contest under the Sustainable Development project of the Learning Resource Center, the University of Danang.
Student Union Activities:
- Faculty's students have a tradition of participating and achieving high results in activities organized by the University delegation.
- The Student Union regularly organizes social activities such as charity; interaction with orphans and disabled children; program "Blue shirt volunteer".
- The Travelling Club is a place to satisfy the passion of travel for students: regularly organize picnics, training sessions on tourism skills, invite experts to report on tourism topics. In particular, the Travelling Club is also a bridge that connects students and tourism businesses in the area.
© Copyright by The University Of Danang - University Of Economics