INTRODUCTION ABOUT EDUCATION AND RESEARCH ACTIVITIES
Department of Economics undertook four bachelor programs: Economic Development, Economic Investment, Labour Economics, Economics and Public Management; two masters programs: Master of Economic Development; Master of Economic Management; and one doctorate program: Doctor of Economic Development.
For 40 years, the Department of Economics has delivered its teaching excellence to more than 2,500 ful-time students. Moreover, the department has also provided intensive bachelor programs and part-time studies to more than 3000 students in Da Nang, Quang Nam, Quang Ngai, Binh Dinh, Phu Yen and Gia Lai, Kon Tum, Ninh Thuan. Master course in economic development, which has been opened since 1992, has 500 alumni and 160 current students. Doctorate program in Economic Development has been opened since 2012 and has had 20 postgraduate students enrolled.
The department’s alumni has proved their abilities in many organizations. Many of them are leaders in government, firms and other organizations.
Over the years, the faculty has completed 50 projects from ministry, provincial to local level; and carrying on 01 state-level project and published hundreds of papers. From 2010, the Faculty has published 10 textbooks, 02 monographs, and dozens of teaching materials for full-time studies and some textbooks are finalized for publication in the coming year. Most lecture courses undertaken by the department were uploaded on E - leaning.
In addition, the Department has held many academic activities in professional groups in order to improve the quality of teaching. The faculty has also implemented cooperation programs of applied research with local socioeconomic organizations in Central - Highlands through economic development schemes and projects. These studies has been highly appreciated and contributed to the local economic development.
List of some researches has been completed in the recent years:
· How to promote private business sector in the province of Quang Nam - Da Nang, Ministry-level Project 2005.
· Some economic developing solutions in shrimp farming in Central Coastal provinces, Ministry-level Project 2006.
· Construction and development of human resources in the county-level administrative units (districts), wards (communes) in Da Nang city, Ministry-level Project 2007.
· Assessing the effects of coffee production of households and its impact on the development of a sustainable economy in Dak Lak province, Ministry-level Project 2008.
· Solutions in training human resources for economic sector, engineering sector and high-tech industries in Danang, City-level Project 2009.
· Assessing the impact of human capital on labor income in South Central Coast, Ministry-level Project 2010.
· Migration between the Central Highlands provinces: Evidences and solutions, Major Ministry-level Project 2011.
· Developing a policy of economic restructuring in agriculture in Danang to 2020. City-level Project 2012.
Economic development in Central - Highlands in the situation of the demographic change in the period 1999- 2009: issues and solutions. Ministry-level Project 2013.