BUSINESS AND SOCIAL STATISTICS
In the system of social labor division, statistics plays a very important role in meeting the demand for accurate, complete and timely statistics for macro and micro management. The Bachelor of Statistics is highly qualified, capable of detecting and solving technical problems in practice, capable of working in an environment of international integration and having professional ethics.
2. Training objectives
The Business and Social Statistics Program is designed to provide students with employment opportunities in the field of statistics or related fields.
The program equips students with a systematic knowledge of basic political theory, socio-economic, business and management, finance, applied mathematics, information technology, especially basic and in-depth knowledge in applied statistics to fully implement the statistical research process on the basis of information technology application.
The program focuses on training students with basic skills as well as professional skills that meet the requirements of self development and statistical occupation in an integrated environment.
The program contributes to improving the quality of politics; personal morality, social ethics and professional ethics; Compliance with law and appropriate behavior, lifelong learning spirit for students.
The program equips students with the following knowledge:
- Knowledge of political theory;
- Knowledge on socio-economic, business and management, finance;
- Knowledge of applied mathematics in economic and business analysis.
- Knowledge of statistical methodology;
- Knowledge of descriptive statistics: Features describing convergence, data dispersion, distribution shape, etc.
- Knowledge of inferential statistics: Estimation and statistical testing, statistical prediction, regression analysis, etc.
- Knowledge of statistical surveys providing quality assurance data for analysis;
- The system of indicators for measuring the resources, results and production efficiency of the economy.
- Knowledge of methods of analyzing resources, results and production efficiency of the economy.
- Knowledge of information technology and management information system to manage data to ensure accuracy, timeliness, integrity, economy, safe and confidentiality.
Upon completion of this program, students will master the following skills:
- Communication skills: Ability to present and communicate information;
- Teamwork skills: Ability to outline, orient, and build relationships such as cohesion, motivation, empathy, sharing in work;
- Management and leadership skills: Ability to manage, assign, evaluate, develop and maintain relationships with colleagues and partners;
- Self-management skills: Have the ability to manage themselves and manage the work;
- Skills in foreign languages: Ability to communicate, work with English level equivalent to 3/6 level - Vietnam foreign language proficiency.
- Data acquisition, data integration, data quality assessment, data cleansing, data extraction;
- Analytical skills: Apply the combination of statistical methods with the help of professional statistical software to improve the quality of data analysis and accurate interpretation of the results.
- Information technology skills: Proficient use of information technology tools, professional statistical software to manage and analyze data to improve the quality of information;
- Strategic thinking and problem solving: Be able to perceive and detect management information needs of strategic levels and thereby propose appropriate solutions.
- Research skills: Identify and exploit different sources of data to meet research tasks, develop research questions, and select the best practices.
- Be active in the workplace, willingness to experience and study for life;
- Compliance with applicable laws and regulations;
- Decision making based on morality.
6. Career opportunities
After graduation students can work as full time or consultants on statistical professional such as survey, data collection, analysis and analysis of socio-economic data in state agencies , state statistic offices, organizations and businesses of all economic sectors.
In addition, bachelors in Business and Social Statistics can do research and teaching socio-economic statistics in research institutes and training institutions.