Program specification - 2018 - 2019
Program specification - 2017 - 2018
Program specification - 2016 - 2017
Program specification - 2015 - 2016
The Business Administration Program has been established since 1992, with the objective of training the graduates with the necessary knowledge, skills and attitudes to become managers in all organizations. We are proud of being the first BA training institute in the Central and Central Highlands of Vietnam.
Our curriculum is developed according to the world standards with a high degree of adaptability to the needs of the society and the business. The credit based system includes a variety of knowledge, which is highly compatible with curriculum in American and Europe, enhancing flexibility for students. The teaching materials system is updated annually, and the positive teaching methods promote students to develop the capacity of lifelong learning.
The Business Administration Program is designed according to a credit based system with 133 credits consisting: general courses, business courses, management courses, business plan and internship/graduation thesis, including compulsory and elective courses which are designed in a logical pathway that allowing students to flexibly plan their studies; so that they can earn a bachelor's degree from 3-6 years.
With more than 45% of Ph.D., including 2 Professors, have been trained from many prestigious universities around the world, over the past 25 years, we have trained about 5000 bachelors, 1000 masters and 50 doctors. We are proud of our alumni that our alumni are holding many important positions in all types of businesses and organizations throughout the Central and Central Highlands of Vietnam.
PROGRAM OBJECTIVE (POs)
Curriculum is designed to train BA graduates that after 3 to 5 years of graduation, these bachelors have the ability to:
- Become an expert in various functional areas of the organization and adapt to a variety of different business areas (PO1).
- Capable of assuming the positions of chief/ deputy of functional department in the organization, CEOs of small businesses (PO2).
- Be able to become an entrepreneur, owner of small and medium enterprises (PO3).
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES (PLOs)
A Program is designed toward motivating students to develop comprehensively knowledge, skills and attitudes in globalization. After graduation, students have ability to:
Carry out the fundamental concepts of economics, political, society and culture related to business administration issues
Communicate effectively on solving business administration issues
Collaborate as a team to achieve the general objectives of the organization
Communicate effectively about business administration by English in the context of globalization
Utilize effectively software, IT and statistic tools on solving business administration issues
Ability to Engage on a life-long learning
Evaluate business environment in the context of globalization to identify opportunities and threats to business operations
Analyze the business strategy of the organization
Evaluate the basic foundational area including operation, finance, marketing, human resource, supply chain of the enterprises
Operate the major managerial functions (planning, organizing, leading and controlling) as a business man
Propose a business plan or a start-up project
Adheres to ethical standards and social responsibility in business administration.
JOB OPPORTUNITIES AND HIGHER EDUCATION AFTER GRADUATION
Students in Business Administration can work in business organizations of all economic sectors, government agencies and non-profit organizations with positions:
• Sales Specialist: Sales Executive, Retail Sales Manager, Regional Sales Director
• Business Management Analyst and Consultant: analysis and synthesis assistant for reports on business environment, finance, production planning, human resources, manufacturing, business strategy development and implement assistant.
• Operational managers in different functional departments: Production supervision; Small workshop manager; managers of marketing, human resources, materials, quality departments.
• General Managers: Factory managers; Regional/branch managers, Directors/Head of enterprises, organizations/corporations.
• Self-employed as the owner and executive of the company
Depending on the individual's abilities after graduation, Students in business administration will be incharge of any job positions. The career path is as follows:
During the first 0-4 years: after graduating from the Business Administration, Students in business administration can be held at a fixed position or rotated in various positions; middle managers; operational managers in different functional areas and start up their own businesses. Specifically, they may be:
• Operational staffs/managers in the functional areas: marketing, manufacturing, sales, human resources, project, quality, materials supply
• Sales manager assistant
• Project assistant
• Business analyst and consultant
• Owners of private enterprises, small businesses
5-10 years: Students in business administration can advance to the position:
• Head of a branch: retail store manager, branch manager, regional representative
• Regional manager
• Small and medium business owners
After 10 years: with the knowledge and skills gained from various a student in Business Administration can become:
• Business manager
• Company/Corporation director.
• Owner of a sustainable business
ENTRANCE CRITERIA, ACADEMIC TRAINING PROCESS, GRADUATION REQUIREMENT
The Faculty of Business Administration accepts candidates who meet all the following conditions:
1. Earned High school diploma;
2. Register and take National High School Graduation Examination in Group A (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry) or Group A1 (Mathematics, Physics, English) or Group D (Mathematics, Literature and English) and have aspirations in Business Administration.
3. Having national examination scores higher or equal to the standard score for Danang University of Economics and for Business Administration.
The training program is developed in accordance with regulations of Ministry of Education and Training, University of Economics and the University of Danang. Curriculum is built on credit-unit system which gives students the flexibility in individualized learning plan so that they can graduate within 3 to 6 years.
At University of Economics and the University of Danang, each school year consists of two main semesters (mid-August to late June) and summer semester (early July to mid-August). In the first 1.5 years, students will study general courses and business course; and study management courses, business plan in the next 2.5 years; then they have internship/graduation thesis in the final semester.
Students who wish to be considered for graduating must meet the following requirements:
1. Until the time of graduation, they shall not be examined for penal liability or shall not be subject to disciplinary suspension at the level of studying suspension;
2. Accumulated number of credits and volume of the programme stipulated;
3. The cumulative GPA of the entire program meet the minimum of 2.00 or higher;
4. Satisfying some of the requirements for academic achievement for the main curriculum and other conditions determined by the Rector.
5. Having a Physical Education and Defense Education Certificate;
6. Submit an application to the Department of Education to be considered in the case of early or late graduation compared to the pre-designed time of the program.
TEACHING & LEARNING STRATEGIES
Student performance evaluation is the process of recording, storing and providing information about the students' learning process. The evaluation ensures the clear, accurate, objective, regular and continuous principle. Specific requirements and criteria are designed and published by the Faculty of Business Administration to create insights for the student before learning.
Assessment information is provided and shared in a timely manner to stakeholders including the lecturers, students, parents and administrators. Since then, there are timely adjustments in teaching activities, ensuring direction and achieving teaching goals.
The Faculty of Business Administration has developed and applied a variety of assessment methods. The appropriate assessments are chosen depending on the strategies, teaching methods and learning outcomes requirements in each courses. The assessments ensure adequate information to assess students development and the learning process as well as the effectiveness of the teaching process.
The assessment methods used in the business education curriculum are divided into two main categories: On-going / Formative Assessment and Summative Assessment.
© Copyright by The University Of Danang - University Of Economics