Overview of Danang
Da Nang is a major port city in the South Central Coast of Vietnam, on the coast of the East Sea at the mouth of the Han River. It is 759 km South of Vietnamese capital Ha Noi and 960 km North of Ho Chi Minh City. Da Nang borders Hue Province across Hai Van to the North, Quang Nam Province to the South and West, and the ocean to the East.
Da Nang is the commercial and educational center of Central Vietnam; its well-sheltered, easily accessible port and its location on the path of National Route 1A and the North-South Railway make it a hub for transportation. It is located within 100 km of several UNESCO World Heritage Sites, including the Imperial City of Huế, the Old Town of Hội An, and the Mỹ Sơn ruins. The city was previously known as Cửa Hàn during early Đại Việt settlement, and as Tourane (or Turon) during the period of French colonization.
Da Nang is growing very fast with the good infrastructure that lured many Investors from abroad came to invest. Due to the development of economy, the tourism industry was increased. Many 4 and 5* Hotels and Resorts were built in Da Nang such as the Nam Hai, Furama, Victoria, Life, Vinpearl...
Da Nang has been ranked 43rd in the world’s 52 top tourist destinations for 2015 by the New York Times (NYT), an American daily newspaper. Da Nang was described in this year’s list as having “endless picturesque white-sand beaches where delicious baguettes filled with pork are sold from beachside kiosks”.
Da Nang is served by Vietnam Airlines, Vietjet, Silk Air and Jetstar, with regular flights to Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Qui Nhon, Nha Trang and Buon Ma Thuot. International flights to Singapore, Siem Reap, Tokyo, Incheon and Macau are also available. Many hotels offer airport transfers for an additional fee or sometimes free when you book a room, so be sure to ask. A taxi from the airport into Da Nang should run about 150,000 VND, but taxis stranded at the airport after dropping off passengers are looking at driving back empty and may cut you a deal. A xe om should be US$8.
Da Nang train station is located on Hai Phong Street in city center. As you can book tickets through most hotels and guesthouses with a minimal commission charge (usually 20,000 VND) there really isn't any need to go there to book your tickets. Soft seats are recommended for long journeys, but if you are just swinging up to Hue, go for the cheaper hard seat option, as it's far more fun. There are four trains a day that stop at Lang Co enroute to Hue for 23,000 VND (two hours). Lang Co has lots of hotels now and train is a far easier and cheaper way to get there from Da Nang than bus. The ticket office is open daily, 03:00 to 19:30. T: (0511) 3823 810.
Hotel 5 star
- Olalani Resort & Condotel
- Address : Vo Nguyen Giap St., Khue My Ward, Ngu Hanh Son Dis., Da Nang City, Vietnam
- Room rate : $120++ ( This is the special discount rate for the guests of UE-UD International Education Fair 2015 )
- Tel : +84 511 3981 999
- Website : http://www.olalani.com
- Furama Resort
- Address : 105 Vo Nguyen Giap St. Khue My Ward, Ngu Hanh Son Dist., Da Nang, Vietnam
- Room rate : $210 - $1340 (Special rates not available)
- Tel : (84-511) 3847 888; Fax: (84-511) 3847 666
- Website : http://www.furamavietnam.com
Hotel 4 star
Hotel 3 star
- Holiday Beach
- Address : My Khe Beach, 300 Vo Nguyen Giap Street, My An Ward, Ngu Hanh Son District, Danang, Vietnam.
- Room rate : $121 - $550 ( Special rates not available )
- Tel : +84 511 396 7777, +84 511 396 7555
- Website : www.holidaybeachdanang.com
- Fansipan Hotel
- Address : My Khe Beach - Truong Sa St., - Danang – Vietnam
- Room rate : $30 - $100 ( Special rates not available )
- Tel : +84 511 3913555, Fax: +84 511 3913525
- Website : http://www.fansipandananghotel.com.vn