In the afternoon of December 3, in Hanoi, Foreign Trade University cooperated with University of Economics – The University of Da Nang to hold a scientific workshop on "The impact of free trade agreements on economic structure of Vietnam. This is a workshop within the framework of the National Science and Technology Program for the period 2016-2020 (KX.01 / 16-20) on "Research on key issues in social sciences and humanities Service for socio-economic development ". People attending the seminar were Mr. Ngo Chung Khanh - Deputy Director of Multilateral Trade Policy Department (Ministry of Industry and Trade), Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nguyen Manh Toan - Rector of University of Economics – The University of Danang and experts and scientists from University of Commerce and University of Economics.
At the beginning of the workshop, scientists listened to the presentation by Mr. Ngo Chung Khanh on the Impact of Free Trade Agreements that Vietnam has participated in, especially new generation FTAs for Vietnam: The viewer's policy. As a policy maker, Ngo Chung Khanh said that participation in free trade agreements is an opportunity also the challenge of the economy, so policy makers always follow monitor and take into account the effects of free trade agreements on the economic structure and the selection of key industries for development.
The scientific papers at the workshop focused on the following topics:
- Analyze and evaluate the international economic context in general and the trend of trade liberalization in particular; thereby identifying the opportunities and challenges and systematizing Vietnam's commitments in the implementation of free trade agreements;
- Assessment of the impact of free trade agreements on Vietnam's economic structure, restructuring of Vietnam's economic sectors, between economic sectors and regions;
- Forecasting the impact of free trade agreements on the structure of economic sectors in Vietnam, between economic sectors and regions, and identifying sectors with development advantages in the structure the economy of Vietnam;
- Analyzing and forecasting the impact of new-generation free trade agreements on the growth of the whole economy in general and of key sectors and sectors and economic sectors;
- Identify and forecast economic sectors that have advantages, strong linkages and spillovers to other sectors in the development process;
- Solutions and roadmap to take advantage of positive impacts and limit negative impacts of free trade agreements on Vietnam's economic structure and solutions for effective development of advantageous industries.
- Proposing solutions to develop efficient branches of economy with advantages in the coming period in order to speed up the process of industrialization and modernization of the country.
At the plenary session, participants listened and discussed the impact of the Vietnam-Japan FTA on the Vietnamese economy (Prof. Dr. Nguyen Manh Toan - University of Economics); the impact of FTAs on Vietnam's agricultural exports (Dr. Nguyen Binh Duong and Prof. Nguyen Tu Anh - University of Commerce).
At the session, experts and researchers discussed, exchanged, analyzed and assessed the impact of the implementation of free trade agreements on the whole economy, such as the impact on the value of production, GDP, import-export, saving and investment, state budget, prices, labor, employment and income of workers.
The Workshop on "The Impact of Free Trade Agreements on the Economic Structure of Viet Nam" has been a great success as a forum for discussion, listening to recommendations, directions and the solution to promote the positive effects and limit the negative impact of free trade agreements on the entire economy of Vietnam.
Workshop on the Impact of Free Trade Agreements on the Economic Structure of Vietnam is also an event that is part of a series of seminars and dialogues organized by the University of Economics in cooperation with universities within topic KX01.20 / 16-20. On 4th December, the University of Economics will meet with Quang Ninh University for a scientific research collaboration. Then on 5th December, there will be a talk of National Economics University and on 6th December, there will be a talk at Department of Science and Technology of Dien Bien province.
A scientific talk was held by the National Economics University and University of Economics – The University of Da Nang on December 5:
Assoc.Prof Nguyen Manh Toan - Head of the topic - Speaking at the seminar
Developed by Center for Information technology and Communication
© Copyright by The University Of Danang - University Of Economics