On the afternoon of July 3, 2020, the University of Economics, the University of Da Nang solemnly held a STUDENT SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH CONFERENCE at the School-level school year 2019 - 2020. Attending the Conference were Dr. Vu Thi Bich Hau - Deputy Director of the Department of Science and Technology of Da Nang City, representatives of business organizations in Da Nang City, Da Nang University; on the side of the University of Economics, there was the presence of Assoc.prof Nguyen Manh Toan - Rector, Assoc.Prof.Dr. Vo Thi Thuy Anh - Vice-Rector; leaders of faculties, departments, centers, instructors, and more than 100 lecturers and students of the University.
Assoc.Prof.Dr. Vo Thi Thuy Anh giving the opening speech at the Conference
Opening r the Conference, Assoc. Prof Vo Thi Thuy Anh affirmed that Student Scientific Research Conference is the driving force to help students of the University improve their analysis and information processing skills, discover new knowledge, and contribute to the overall development of society. This is also an effective method to increase training efficiency, to link theory with business practices. Participating in scientific research, students of the University will step by step acquire valuable knowledge and skills on their way to the future.
The Organizing Committee presented flowers to the Chairmen of the subcommittees
Launched from September 2019 up to now, the University's Student Scientific Research Conference has attracted 360 registered topics with the participation of more than 1,400 students, including 338 CLC high-quality subjects and 22 traditional subjects. These topics were defended in front of the Scientific Research Council and a total of 21 most excellent projects of the Faculties were nominated for the 2019 – 2020 School-level Scientific Research Student Conference. Based on the results of the conference, 5 excellent works will continue to be nominated for the Student Scientific Research Conference of the University of Danang at the end of July 2020 and the National Student Scientific Research Conference at the end of August 2020 in Ho Chi Minh City.
Immediately after announcing the decision on Establishing the Organizing Committee and Evaluation Committees and Sub-Committees, 21 authors and groups continued to present and defend their research to the Evaluation Council in 5 sub-committees.
- Sub-committee 1 - High quality: Accounting, Auditing, Finance, Banking
- Sub-committee 2 - High quality: Tourism, Marketing, Business Administration, Commerce
- Sub-committee 3: High quality: International Business, Tourism, Business Administration
- Sub-Committee 4: Economy - Statistics - E-commerce
- Sub-committee 5: Law, Banking, State management
Students presented and answered questions at the Subcommittees
21 topics participating in the Conference were highly appreciated by the Organizing Committee for practical theory and scientific content. In which, there are 12 topics presented and criticized in English by students. In addition to self-confidence, students of the University of Economics also show their foreign language abilities and research skills with many research methods, which shows that they are ready to meet the requirements of high-quality human resources of society. The quality of the topics this year also demonstrated scientific thinking methods, problem-solving, writing methods of scientific reports, teamwork skills, and how to choose students' topics. From the research results achieved, the students will develop and expand more research topics, then apply them into practice as well as contribute to the socio-economic development in the future.
After 3 hours of working, the Student scientific research Conference of the University of Economics school year 2019 - 2020 ended at 17:00 the same day. The Organizing Committee announced the commendation decision and awarded 5 first prizes, 5 second prizes, and 6 third prizes to 16 authors and groups of authors with the most quality topic, specifically:
5 subjects won the first prize:
- “The value effect of stock liquidity and the role of country-level institutional environments” of student Luong Thuy Tien. Instructors: TS. Dang Tung Lam
- "The effect of advertising value on brand image and purchase intention" of the group of students: Nguyen Ho Phuong Quynh, Truong Thi Thu Huong, Tran Thi Hoai Linh, Hoang Nhu Phong, Le Phan Nhat Anh. Instructors: msc. Truong Dinh Quoc Bao
- “Factors affecting the turnover intention of employees in the aftermath of COVID-19: The case of Danang hotels” of student Le Thi Minh Huyen. Instructors: TS. Su Ngoc Diep
- "Building smart travel solutions for Da Nang destination" of the group of students: Nguyen Manh Dan, Nguyen Pham Anh Tai, Huynh Dinh Chien, Tran Thanh Phuong Thao. Instructors: msc. Nguyen Van Chuc
- "Solution to prevent contaminated food in the market in Da Nang city" by the group of students Pham Xuan Son, Le Thi Thu Phuong, Nguyen Thi Thuy Trang. Instructors: TS. Le Thi Thu Hang.
Assoc.Prof.Dr. Vo Thi Thuy Anh awarded certificates of merit and flowers to the students/groups of students with the first prize
5 subjects won the second prize:
- “Impact of Bank regulations and Institutional environment on Bank risk-taking in Southeast Asian countries” by student group Dinh Thi Thu Quynh, Tran Nguyen Hong Khanh. Instructors: Assoc.Prof.Dr. Vo Thi Thuy Anh
“The impact of electronic word of mouth (EWOM) on the destination choice intention of tourists in Danang” by the group of students Le Thi Phan Anh, Hoang Huynh Tran Chau, Nguyen Thi Lan Nhi, Le Thi Quynh Nhu, Truong Le Ha Thu. Instructors: msc. Truong Thi Hieu Hanh
- "The influence of key opinion leaders (kols) on Korean Cosmetics Purchase Intention of young Vietnamese consumers: Does Nationality of kols matter?" of the student group Nguyen Thuy Ha Quynh, Nguyen Nhat Oanh, Dinh Thi Y, Pham Thi Yen. Instructors: msc. Duong Hanh Tien
- "Research on factors affecting Green consumer behavior in Da Nang city" by student group Nguyen Thi Ngoc Anh, Nguyen Thi Thanh Hien. Instructors: msc. Pham Quang Tin.
- "State management of ethnic groups in Tra Tap commune, Nam Tra My district, Quang Nam province" by the group of students Le Thi Xuan, Ha Hong Duong, Pham Thi Lan Phuong. Instructors: msc. Truong Thi Thu Hien.
Msc. Dang Huu Man - Deputy Head of Science & International Cooperation Department, on behalf of the University, honored topics with Second Prize
6 subjects won the third prize:
- “Corporate Internet Reporting by upcom firms in Vietnam” of Phan Thi Thanh Truc, Nguyen Hoang Hong Ngoc and Nguyen Thi Hoai Linh students. Instructors: TS. Nguyen Huu Cuong
- "Critical factors affecting M-Commerce adoption: The case of Food and Beverage Enterprises in Danang city" of students group Ngo Thi Quynh Nhu, Huynh Thi Hong Nhi, Dang Thi Quynh, Huynh Thi Thu Thao. Instructors: msc. Nguyen Tran Bao Tran
- "Effects of Social Media Marketing application on business performance - Research for small and medium enterprises in Vietnam" by a group of students Le Thi Anh, Nguyen Thi Hong Phuc. Instructors: msc. Nguyen Thi Bich Thuy
- “Crimes of infringing upon the honor and dignity of people under 16 years old. Theory and practice applied in Vietnam”by student Vo Ngoc Khanh Thu. Instructors: msc. Tran Tuan Son
- "Factors affecting the income of fishing households in coastal areas of Quang Ngai province" by student group Pham Dinh Anh Khoa, Nguyen Thi Thanh Tam. Instructors: msc. Le Bao
- "Analyzing the impact of exchange rate on public debt in Vietnam" by student Tran Minh Duc. Instructors: msc. Nguyen Thanh Dat.
Assoc.Prof.Dr. Truong Hong Trinh - Deputy Head of Finance Department awarded the Third Prize to 6 students/group of students
Congratulations to the excellent students who have achieved high achievements at the Student Scientific Research Conference of for the academic year 2019-2020, and we wish you to show the spirit of creativity, confidence, and continue to win prizes at the Science research competition at the University of Danang.
Developed by Center for Information technology and Communication
© Copyright by The University Of Danang - University Of Economics