On July 30, 2022, at the University of Economics - the University of Danang, the international student research conference on economics and business (International Conference for Young Researchers in Economics and Business (SR-ICYREB) 2022 has officially opened and immediately started the working sessions of the conference. Attending the conference were leaders of 10 co-organizers, more than 100 young experts and scientists who are lecturers and students across the country. On the side of the host, the University of Economics - the University of Danang, there were the presence of Assoc.Prof.Dr. Nguyen Manh Toan – Rector of the University, Assoc.Prof.Dr. Tran Dinh Khoi Nguyen – Chairman of the Universit Council, Dr. Huynh Thi Hong Hanh – Vice Rector of the University and leaders of faculties, departments and centers.
SR-ICYREB 2022 is an annual scientific event, held alternately among 10 universities in the field including National Economics University, Thuongmai University, Academy of Finance, Academy of Banking, and University of Economics and Business - Vietnam National University, Hanoi, Foreign Trade University, University of Economics - Hue University, University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City, University of Economics and Law - VNUHCM, and University of Economics - University of Danang.
Assoc.Prof.Dr. Tran Dinh Khoi Nguyen speaking at the opening of the conference
"The SR-ICYREB initiative really opens up great opportunities for students and guided lecturers. Teachers and students to collaborate and develop new ideas, creating and expanding more academic exchange environment in student activities in scientific research, in higher education institutions in economics, business and management throughout Vietnam. More importantly, we recognize that SR-ICYREB is also a place to incubate young Vietnamese research talents”, Assoc. Tran Dinh Khoi Nguyen emphasized.
Representatives of 10 universities co-organized the conference
SR-ICYREB 2022 is an academic forum organized exclusively for students, creating an intellectual playground, promoting scientific research activities of young people. The activities of sharing research work, introducing scientific articles, discussing and exchanging scientific research results of leading experts with students, are priority contents at each period SR-ICYREB is held.
In 2022, the University of Economics - the University of Danang assumes the role of organizing the first conference SR-ICYREB 2022. The guest, keynote speaker of this year's forum is Assoc. Prof. Dr. Mazur Mieszko from University of Business Administration ESSCA (France) who is a leading expert in the field of Finance.
Within the framework of SR-ICYREB 2022, 10 Universities in the block have signed a cooperation agreement to co-organize a series of international conferences for economic and business schools with four goals: Strengthening cooperation and connection in Science and Technology activities between co-hosted universities; Creating a scientific environment to exchange and share scientific research results among young scientists and students of economics and business schools; Fostering and developing a young and capable research team and creating scientific products on a regional and international level; and Building and developing a network of researchers in economics and business towards the organization carry out collaborative research tasks of a strategic nature in science.
Universities signing cooperation agreements with many big goals
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Mazur Mieszko would give a talk on Digital Economy - The Importance of NFT (Non fungible token - data unit on digital ledger, called blockchain. Each NFT can represent a unique, non-swapable file) – Cryptocurrencies and Metaverse. These are very topical issues of financial technology (Financial Technology, often referred to as Fintech), digital economy. In particular, all are considered on the correlation between NFT - Cryptocurrencies in an interactive, exchange environment is a digital space, created thanks to the Internet and technology applications such as augmented reality, virtual reality (the technical term calls this space Metaverse).
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Mazur Mieszko presenting an interesting topic on Digital Economy
At SR-ICYREB 2022, the conference organizers received 160 presentations from students from 15 prestigious universities in Vietnam. There are 49 articles selected to be presented at thematic discussions, related to economic and business sectors, including: Economics and international economics; Management and business, Intelligence, Finance - Accounting - Banking.
All topics are presented entirely in English
“Research projects and topics of students - young scientists whose goal is to create and develop an academic exchange environment, share experiences, new ideas and scientific research results. The desire of the Organizing Committee is to create more motivation, in-depth development and scientific research activities of students, in the context of deeper and wider international integration, especially education-training integration. Besides, it also creates momentum for the new normal state in the post-Covid-19 period” – the representative of the Organizing Committee said.
Within the framework of the conference, 10 universities in the field of economics and business administration participated in the roundtable session to exchange experiences in organizing international conferences, and at the same time discuss directions for inter-university cooperation in scientific research, training programs as well as offer ideas to expand the membership of ICYREB Conference co-organizers.
Roundtable meeting between university leaders
Representative of the University of Economics - the University of Danang awarded the rotating
flag to the host SR-ICYREB 2023: Academy of Finance
Closing the Conference, the Organizing Committee awarded the Best Paper Award for the 10 best articles. The list of 10 articles includes:
1. "Does macroprudential policy foster or constraint economic growth?" by the group of authors Nguyen Thi Phuong Thao, Nguyen Ngoc Tram from University of Economics - Vietnam National University, Hanoi
2. “The role of foreign supplier diversification in export performance: An empirical study on Vietnam's textile industry” by Dang Thi My Hanh from University of Economics - University of Danang
3. “Does FDI Affect Climate Change? Evidence from Asian Developing Economies” by the group of authors Le Quang Duc, Dao Ngoc Thuy Vi, Than Thi Hong Nguyen, Ngo Ngoc Minh Khue, Pham Le Ngoc Nhu from Foreign Trade University
4. “Factors influencing on fake news sharing behavior about Covid-19 on social media” by the group of authors Tran Thi Phuong Vy, Pham Minh Chau, Nguyen Thi Hai Nguyet, Truong Pham Bao Nhi, Pham Khanh Linh from University of Economics and Law - Vietnam National University, Ho Chi Minh City
5. “The influence of emotional intelligence on academic results of university students in Vietnam” by the group of authors Le Thi Thuy Linh, Trinh Hoai Linh, Nguyen Thi Huong Ly from University of Commerce
6. “Factors affecting sustainable consumption behavior of gen Z in Vietnam” by Cao Thi Thu Hien from the Academy of Finance.
7. "Make me trust or give me joy: Mechanisms inducing consumer purchase intention in live streaming commerce" by the group of authors Nguyen Van Thao, Ho Kha Mung, Pham Thi Le Hang from University of Economics - University of Danang.
8. “Factors affecting Vietnamese youth's intention to use Chatbots in online shopping” by the group of authors Nguyen Phuong Anh, Vu Minh Anh, Nguyen Minh Thanh, Phan Van Vu from National Economics University
9.“Examine the impact of”financial constraints on firm performance of enterprises listed on the Ho Chi Minh stock exchange in the context of the Covid – 19” by by the group of authors Nguyen Khanh Linh, Hoang Dieu Linh, Le Thi Thanh Ngan from Banking Academy
10. “Impact of taxation on dividend evidence from Vietnam” by the group of authors Nguyen Gia Khiem, Luong Bao Thanh Khoa, Nguyen Nhat Vy from University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City
11.“Herd behavior in Vietnamese Stock Market during COVID-19 pandemic: The Influences of Government Policies” by the group of authors Nguyen Thi Thu Ha, Tran Duc Nam, Dao Nhat Nam, Hong Ngoc Truc Linh from Foreign Trade University.
Representative of university leaders awarded Best Paper Award
Developed by Center for Information technology and Communication
© Copyright by The University Of Danang - University Of Economics