On November 26, the University of Economics - the University of Danang collaborated with international partners including Heriot-Watt University (UK), University of Liège (Belgium), Mahasarakham University (Thailand), and domestic partners: The University of Commerce, Nha Trang University, Quy Nhon University, the Economic Science Association of Da Nang to organize the International Scientific Conference on Management and Business 2021 (COMB 2021). This year's conference was held in the form of a face-to-face integrated online meeting. This is an annual scientific forum for researchers, businesses, and policymakers to find solutions, choose methods and governance models suitable to the trend of globalization and the technology revolution.
The COMB Conference 2021 attracted the participation and presentation of nearly 100 scientists and experts from many universities, institutes, research institutes, and many different countries such as the UK, Belgium, Thailand, etc. At the opening session, Assoc.Prof.Dr. Vo Thi Thuy Anh - Vice President of the University of Economics - the University of Danang, the organizer of the seminar, thanked for the companionship and active support from partners and co-organizers that created the overall success of the COMB Conference. The desire of the University of Economics is through the workshop, it will provide insights and in-depth knowledge of management and business, especially in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic. At the same time, this will also be an opportunity for managers, experts, scientists, and policymakers to contribute solutions to practical problems of enterprises during and after the global crisis caused by the pandemic, as well as proposing models and solutions to support businesses in digital transformation and adapting to the development of the Industrial Revolution 4.0.
Assoc.Prof.Dr. Vo Thi Thuy Anh gave the opening speech of the Conference
The COMB 2021 organizing committee received 65 scientific articles. Through the peer-review process, 43 articles were presented at the conference. The highlight of this year's Conference was the presence of two leading speakers: Prof.Dr. Babak Taheri (Heriot-Watt University, UK) and Prof.Dr. Mario Cools (University of Liège, Belgium).
Prof.Dr. Babak Taheri (left) presented research at the conference
Prof.Dr. Mario Cools (right) presented at the Conference with the theme "The Market potential of Micro-Mobility solutions"
The articles at the conference were divided into 06 sessions, including Digital – Finance, Marketing, Human Resources, Management – Strategy, COVID – SCM & Tourism, Startup. This year's COMB Conference focused on discussing "hot" issues on improving corporate governance capacity in the integration process with the following main contents:
- Analyzing and assessing the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on production and business activities of Vietnamese enterprises and solutions to overcome them.
- Analyzing, evaluating, and identifying opportunities and challenges of the digital environment and the impact of the 4th industrial revolution on the management, production, and business activities of Vietnamese enterprises.
- Discussing and exchanging models and solutions for Vietnamese businesses to overcome the pandemic and develop sustainably after the pandemic.
- Discussing and exchanging digital transformation theories, new management theories in the digital environment, proposing solutions to research and application for Vietnamese enterprises.
- Finding solutions, recommendations, suggestions, etc., to improve leadership capacity, management capacity in functional areas: production, finance, human resources, marketing, supply chain and logistics, etc., for Vietnamese businesses in the digital era.
- Researching on business culture, corporate culture, business ethics and social responsibility of Vietnamese enterprises in the context of the digital economy.
- Researching and discussing innovation, creativity, inspiration, and entrepreneurship in the digital era, etc.
The COMB Conference 2021 attracted prestigious global scholars
From 43 scientific articles presented at the conference, the Organizing Committee honored 02 best articles in the category of Best Paper Award, including: “Discover organizational cultural values that support successful digital transformation in Vietnamese businesses” by a group of authors Nguyen Nhat Minh, Nguyen Truong Son, Ngo Tan Nhi and “The effect of resilience, agility on hotel performance during the Covid-19 pandemic: the moderating effect of environmental turbulence” by Tran Thi Tuyet.
The organizers honored 02 best articles
Following the success of 08 seminars, COMB 2021 has affirmed the brand name of the University of Economics - the University of Danang - the destination of world-class seminars. The University of Economics and its partners have worked together to create a leading forum for experts in the fields of economics, finance, accounting & business administration to exchange and share scientific research experience as well as international publication. With the resounding success of academic exchanges, the University of Economics continues to carry out its mission of being a pioneer in research and transfer of scientific knowledge in Vietnam and reaching out to the region.
Faculty of Business Administration received the Medal from the Conference Organizing Committee
The COMB Conference 2021 Organizing Committee with scientists at the University of Economics - the University of Danang
Developed by Center for Information technology and Communication
© Copyright by The University Of Danang - University Of Economics